The CMC Driver for Open Protocol Torque Tools provides LabVIEW programming and simulation support for torque tools that can communicate over Open Protocol. These include Cleco mPro, Atlas Copco, Desoutter, and many other torque tools. It is part of the CMC Driver Framework Torque Tools product family and includes a license to the CMC Open Protocol API.
This driver builds on the CMC Open Protocol API to improve ease of use and address specific usage considerations for torque tools. Functionality includes:
- Torque Tool Simulation Capability
- Functional Example for Connecting, Selecting Torque Application, Subscribing to Torque Results, Enabling the Tool, and More
- Communication Start/Stop
- Communication Keep-Alive
- Enable/Disable Tool
- Subscribe to Tightening Results
- Subscribe to Linking Group Info
- IO Device Status
- Application Selection
- Multi-Spindle Results
- Error Reporting
- Many Related Functions
Torque Tools Simulation
The CMC Driver for Open Protocol Torque Tools includes a generic torque tool simulator that can be used to test and verify code without hardware connected. This enables you to develop while waiting for hardware to arrive or become available.
- Generates randomized torque results within your parameters
- Multi-spindle and standard torque results
- Application selection and retrieval
- Enable/disable tool
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to torque results
- Set/get linking groups
- Error condition reporting (i.e. attempting to select an Application that does not exist, etc.)
- View raw simulated communication strings
This is a single-seat developer license. Deployments (programs you build into EXEs) do not require additional licenses.
If you use the LabVIEW development environment in your deployed stations, please contact us for debug deployment license options.
CMC Driver Framework
For more information on the CMC Driver Framework, the tools it includes, and advantages it provides, check out the full description here.
The CMC Driver for Open Protocol Torque Tools follows the Open Protocol Standard. As such, it should work with any Torque Tool that utilizes the Open Protocol Standard for communication. Below is a list of Torque Tools that it has been tested against:
- Cleco mPro400GC
- Cleco mPro400GC(D)
- Desoutter CVI3 Vision
- Atlas Copco Power Focus 6000
Please see the User Manual for a complete set of MIDs and MID versions that are supported.
- Windows 10 or later
- LabVIEW 2017 SP1 or later (32-bit or 64-bit)
Please visit the CMC Driver Framework Forum for any questions you have regarding CMC products. This helps us build a library of resources for other users to learn from each others' experience. If you cannot post publicly about your project, then contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.